#SLLYMentor Darnell Irozuru, Head of Finance
Success Looks Like...Financial Freedom.
Role: Head of Finance
Company: Elevate Health
Sector: Health and Social Care
What does your role involve?
- Prepare business for upcoming equity
- Raise and provide ongoing commercial and operational support
- Responsible for treasury management, budgeting and forecasts and effective deployment of capital post ICO
- Wrote business Plan for the purposes of supporting the business in opening a bank account in Gibraltar and for inclusion within the investor presentation deck
- Made significant contributions to a white paper
Darnell's Career Journey
I graduated my master's degree, MSc Economics with Distinction in thesis in 2012.
I then joined Pricewaterhouse Coopers (PwC) on their graduate scheme in 2012.
Qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 2015.
Moved into Mergers and Acquisitions.
Joined Disney in 2017 as a Finance Analyst.
Joined Coinsilium in 2018 as a Venture Capital Associate.
Joined Elevate Health (a Coinsilium portfolio company) as Head of Finance in August 2018.
What qualifications do you have?
Other professional qualifications
Degree subject: Economics at the University of Birmingham
What did you take away from your university experience or education?
Tell us about the transition you found most difficult and why?
A-level to university as you had to create your own structure